It's been three months since I've updated; hmmmmm let's see........ so after I was back from a month break and reunion, I was back to reality. Instantly, and cruelly. After I was back in Sg, it was back to school after 4 days of rest. I swear I didn't quite adapt yet, because of a sudden loss of income(lol yeah I quit my job) and the number of
Uni is totally different from poly I have to say. Everyone's independent and nobody's really your friend (well, there are a few genuine people) but, then again, some are just here to say hi and be nice to you because we are needed to be in groups for projects and after school, it's just bye and that's it. Of course, you can't expect to go uni and find real friends like it's part of your "to do list"; trust me, there's a list of work and tests and projects to complete that's coming in like tsunami all at one shot. First two weeks I remembered I was taking my own time and be on my own pace and revise a little day by day. Then, BOOMZ, upcoming tests, projects, etc etc. Not forgetting you have a group of 5/6 you gotta compromise and
Though I really hate how we aren't always spoon fed with tips, we really have to force ourselves to pay attention during lectures, especially there are always people at the back talking and it's really hard to concentrate but we still gotta do what we need to do, lol. And it sucks so bad I cramped 3 lessons on Thursday just because I wanted to be with my friends I met during visiting lectures. I'm gonna say this - I AM NEVER EVER DOING THAT NEXT SEM OR FOREVER. It's so tiring to wake up at 6.30am in the morning to go for 8.30am classes and have only 30 mins break before going to the 12pm class and then another 30 mins break, then the final 3.30pm-6.30pm class. I must be crazy to think I could do this. My body must be hating me every Thursday.
Previously, I tried committing to a part time job - a weekend (2pm-10.30pm) and weekday nights(7.30pm-10.30pm) at this ice cream shop at nex. Lol I didn't even knew that gelato shop existed even! Anyway, I enjoyed serving ice creams and making waffles but, the boss treats the part timers like shit. One night she told me to have my dinner before peak hour at 6-7pm. So the next night I quickly ate my currypuff at 6pm before the crowd comes. She demanded me to wash some stupid stuff and when I'm done, the crowd is here, with so many orders of waffles. Obviously I couldn't continue sitting there and eat right? So yup I went to help and ended up it was 9pm going 10pm. All I had for dinner was 5 bites of my currypuff and she didn't even bother to ask me eat. What for tell me to go eat when you are going to end up telling me to do things WHEN THERE ARE NO CUSTOMERS TO SERVE????
On that very day, she didn't bother replying to another part timer when she kept saying she couldn't make it last minute on Saturday. The poor part timer had to rush down and ended up, the boss dismissed her on the spot and made her leave. Wow. What a bitch? I made friends with the part timer so she was telling me the previous part timers all said about how this boss is very petty, picks on you for the smallest things and only cares about $$. FYI she doesn't count the cash register every night for closing and just keep adding in cash in the day if there were no more notes/coins and then at the end of the month, deducts our pay and tells us "there was short of cash" LOL. If she doesn't count how much she has at the end of the day or during the day, HOW DOES SHE KNOW? Whatever la, she just want to keep as much of her $$ then so be it. I made the right decision to leave, I don't have to destroy my hands and hours of standing for a boss who doesn't appreciate and treat us like humans. Good luck to the new batch of part timers.
I literally dealt with school and that stupid job for the month of August, and in a blink of an eye it's gone like that. Oh ya, I actually sent a parcel over to my boyfriend with my handmade card and a bag and his facial wash(which he told me he ran out of it) for his birthday AND THE SHIPPING WAS CRAZILY EXPENSIVE OUCH. But he received the parcel late because of shitty efficiency of SingPost and AusPost but oh well, he didn't expected it so he was so so so surprised and happy hehe. I guess that's the only thing in August that I willingly made time for to prepare; and how successful the surprise was, thanks to his friends too.
The month of September is worst, so many tests and submissions. Currently I'm rushing out 2 reports. On top of that, I have to deal with shitty group mates; ok not all of course but that 1 or 2 shit heads is enough to make your day bad. Honestly, I don't care how old are you or how long you have been in uni or if you are going to PMS and show your attitude and be petty about little things; I won't bother trying to please you and try to "make up". Lol, I didn't come to school to get involved with such childish dramas that only happens in secondary school. I'm just gonna do my own part and get involved in the discussion and when school ends, bye bye. Seriously man, you got time for all these drama and petty things? I not your boyfriend leh, girl.
Also, I'm lucky to have understanding friends who plan their day out with me when I can; especially with a tight schedule now :( I'm also glad I can do many impromptu plans going out for supper with some of them and I'm glad I have friends who stood by me when I need a break from all these shitty duties of a student. I'm also glad (lol yes I am so glad I had to say "I'm glad" thrice) that my boyfriend calls me at night when I'm on the way home to catch up abit before the day ends. I'm amazed at how I managed to survive through 2 months of school and just about 3 more weeks to end of lessons, and about 1 more month to end of my finals. I can't wait for holidays in Nov and of course, the return of my boyfriend.
Sigh, I

No comments:
Post a Comment