I spend most of the months independently ever since I got into a LDR; well, I wouldn't call it being 'alone' because technically I talk to my bf everyday so he's still with me mentally. As such, I grew to become 'okay' to the fact of going town to window-shop, or take a breather, run errands, or even just chill at starbucks with my laptop and people-watch, subtlety of course.
Somehow, I won't say I feel 'alone' because there are too, people stuck onto their laptops sitting alone with their coffee just like me; except that I don't drink coffee...(Aw, let me side track and add in this cute moment of my bf telling the ice cream staff "oh she doesn't like coffee" when they tried offering me to try one of their coffee flavoured ice cream, GAHHH this gets me everytime *inserts heart emojis*) .... and then there would be couples or friends gathered around in the table laughing, chatting or just sitting with their phones not saying a single word.
One thing I've never liked; being out with someone and constantly being on my phone 24/7. Perhaps it's just me, but I've always cherished little moments with whoever I spend my lunches/dinners with, catching up on life, tucking my phone aside; especially now that I'm in a LDR, I don't get to sit face to face and have dinners with my bf often; thus these things matter a lot. Aren't you afraid that one day if something happens, you don't even get a chance to do this anymore? Wouldn't you regret it? Is it that hard not checking on your instagram, twitter or even facebook just for that dinner session with someone who probably took time off their busy schedules to meet you?
On the other hand, I appreciate the time and effort people take to text me for a catch up session now and then, and I'm thankful for all the great times when we hang out over a meal with minimal distractions. I'm actually grateful that I'm in a LDR; for the patience, for helping me grow to become a little independent, for teaching me that life isn't just about needing your partners or friends to be with you physically but for their presence and willingness in wanting to make you feel like you're equally important in theirs too.
No comments:
Post a Comment